GutGuide gut microbiota analysis reveals the balance of your gut microbiota.
There are more than 1200 bacterial species in the human gut. From the health point of view it is important to maintain the optimal balance between the good and the bad bacteria in the gut. Different diseases, medical treatments, changes in the diet as well as viral and bacterial infections can alter the ratios of different bacteria species. Antibiotics have been shown to affect the microbial balance even a year after the treatment.
GutGuide is able to determine about 70 % of the diverse gut microbiota and especially the species that have been scientifically shown to be tightly linked to our health. With Flow-cytometry we are able to recognize good and bad bacteria species and the ratio between them. This balance (ratio) is determined with a GutIndex value which enables us to compare the results to the averidge healthy adults’ range. If the Index is not at the desired level our experts give recommendations to restore the balance of microbiota.
GutGuide gut microbiota analysis reports the number of the good and the bad bacteria.
Numerous different bacterial species are included in the GutIndex report – good bacteria as well as the bad. In addition to the GutIndex, the most important bacterial groups/species are analyzed from the health´s point of view. For example Bifidobacteria and lactobacilli are among the beneficial bacteria in the gut as they defend our optimal gut microbiota different mechanisms. See: Example of analysis.
How to order a GutIndex analysis
- Register/Login at our website
- Order and pay for the analysis
- A sampling kit will be sent to you within a week from the payment. Sampling package.
- Take the sample following the instructions and mail it back to our lab. Sampling instructions.
- You will receive e-mail about your test being complete within 2 weeks.
- Login to your account and view the results and recommendations from our experts.
Frequently asked questions:
1. How is the sample taken? Order the the sample kit. The package containing the sample taking kit will be mailed to you within a week. Take the stool sample on a sunday or monday and send it back to the GutGuide lab in normal post within 24 hours after taking the sample. See: Sample instructions.
2. What will I learn from the result? You will receive a personal GutIndex number which tells you about the ratio of good and bad bacteria in your gut. In addition to this your report will contain the numbers of the good and bad bacteria. Please notice that bad bacteria are also a natural part of the gut microbiota – It´s all about the balance. GutGuide experts provide microbiological and diet related recommendations how to change the microbiota to the right direction.
3. How is GutIndex determined? GutGuide has a database of the gut microbiota of healthy adults to which the personal GutIndex value is compared.